Networker

Re: [Networker] How Do I import indexes (clarification)

2003-09-16 04:28:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] How Do I import indexes (clarification)
From: Davina Treiber <Treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 09:28:48 +0100
Vince Howard wrote:

You could still use my idea of using tar to transfer the db and indexes to
your standby server.  Once installed, use jbconfig to set up your other
jukebox.

This is perfectly valid, provided that NetWorker is shut down first on
the original server.

So far as the server name/IP address is concerned - I'm sure someone will
set me right if I've got this wrong - as long as the server name appears in
the NetWorker server list (servers file) and hosts tables on your clients,
and the hosts table on your standby server includes all your clients, you
should be able to backup and restore using your standby server.

I think the other poster was going up a bit of a blind alley. The hostid
stuff will not affect the ability to backup/recover, just the licensing.
 In a DR situation when you have lost your production server I think
licensing would be the least of your worries. The standby server will be
able to access the media database and perform backups, provided of
course that the correct name resolution is in place, as you correctly
stated.