Networker

Re: [Networker] How Do I import indexes (clarification)

2003-09-16 03:52:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] How Do I import indexes (clarification)
From: Vince Howard <v.howard AT WANSBECK.GOV DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 08:54:51 +0100
Jon,

You could still use my idea of using tar to transfer the db and indexes to
your standby server.  Once installed, use jbconfig to set up your other
jukebox.

So far as the server name/IP address is concerned - I'm sure someone will
set me right if I've got this wrong - as long as the server name appears in
the NetWorker server list (servers file) and hosts tables on your clients,
and the hosts table on your standby server includes all your clients, you
should be able to backup and restore using your standby server.

Best regards,

Vince
Vince Howard
Programmer/UNIX Systems Administrator
Wansbeck District Council
Front Street West
Bedlington
Northumberland
NE22 5TU
UK

Tel (DDI): +44 (0)1670 843472
fax:       +44 (0)1670 843486 / 843484
e-mail:    v.howard AT wansbeck.gov DOT uk
they are addressed.

originator of the message. This email message has been scanned
for the presence of computer viruses.

states them to be the views of  Wansbeck District Council.

Wansbeck District Council Web Site is : www.wansbeck.gov.uk