Networker

Re: [Networker] Windows 2000 disaster recovery - how to? SOLVED, but where is Wordpad?

2003-09-15 02:55:37
Subject: Re: [Networker] Windows 2000 disaster recovery - how to? SOLVED, but where is Wordpad?
From: Dony Pierre <Pierre.Dony AT NBB DOT BE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 08:55:17 +0200
I found the same problem during test of NRM (Networker Recovery Manager). After
full restore of a Win 2K (SMP or not SMP), there are problems :

         * wordpad not found;
         * SAN disk attached (via Emulex LP8000) not available.

We thought also that Networker does not back up the whole machine BUT the
problem does not come from Legato Networker but from microsoft ! (go to Unix
:-)). There is a problem with the registry backup. This problem is solved with
Win 2K SP4.

After applying service pack 4, everything was solved.

Pierre.