Networker

Re: [Networker] indexes get under the wrong client

2003-09-11 11:38:00
Subject: Re: [Networker] indexes get under the wrong client
From: Davina Treiber <treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 11:37:54 -0400
On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 17:19:55 +0200, Zoran Dzelajlija
<jelly+networker AT MAIL.ISKON DOT HR> wrote:

>I'm having problems with indexes being placed under the wrong client. I
have
>three Solaris 8 clients named mx1, mx2 and mx3 in DNS, but the hostname on
>the machines is set to "mx".
>
>I also have an entry in DNS for mx, listing the IP addresses of all three
>hosts.  This allows for DNS round-robin load balancing.
>
>However, my NetWorker server (6.0.3) saves all the indexes under the
>client resource for mx1, while mx2 and mx3 remain empty.
>
>I had an "mx" alias in all three client resources, but after I removed
>it nothing changed.
>
>Any ideas on how to make the indexes go to the correct place?

Yes, you need to use "save -c". Edit the client resource for, say, mx1, and
set the backup command field to "save -c mx1".

You might want to consider what will happen with this setup when you do a
recovery. It is a little unusual. Perhaps some test recoveries might be in
order.