Networker

[Networker] Recovery of Notes DB with logging turned on

2003-09-08 17:38:10
Subject: [Networker] Recovery of Notes DB with logging turned on
From: Arun Sondhi <asondhi AT RA.ROCKWELL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 16:38:05 -0500
Hi,

We have Notes 6.0.x cluster running on Win 2k, Networker client is 6.0.2
and NML 2.2. We use batch file nsrnote.bat for backing up our db.

Our fulls are done once a week and incrementals rest of the week. I tried
recovering one of the db files which was, I selected relocation, and
zapping of the DBIID. The file got recovered but it seemed the transaction
log was being applied to other logged dbs too. Could someone tell me how
does this process work? Does Legato automatically start applying the
active transaction logs or does it recover to the transaction log it had
backed up.

I am Lotus newbie so please bear with my lack of lotus knowledge.

Sincerely,

Arun Sondhi
CCNP,CCDP

Ph: +1 414.382.0206