Networker

Re: [Networker] StorEdge L8 / ADIC FastStor 2 not seeing mail slot on V7.0

2003-08-22 04:20:46
Subject: Re: [Networker] StorEdge L8 / ADIC FastStor 2 not seeing mail slot on V7.0
From: Davina Treiber <Treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 07:30:48 +0100
Trevor Parry wrote:

I've just installed V7.0 of the "Enterprise Backup Software" (Sun's
rebadged NetWorker) on Solaris 8 on a V480 server.  It is being used with a
StorEdge L8 with a single sDLT320 drive. (The L8 is a rebadged ADIC
FastStor 2).  The patches listed in the L8 release notes were installed.

Everything works fine, even the barcode reader, except the mail slot
doesn't get detected.

Tapes can be manually deposted through the mail slot but not manipulated
with nsrjb.  And as far as I know there's no Solaris equivalent of
mc/mcutil/robot so I can't check at the OS level.

nsrjb -w -S 1
gives the error
"Jukebox indicated that there are no Import/Export ports available"

Drilling down a bit, the sjirdp command doesn't list an import/export
port.  So I don't think it can be seen even at the hardware level.  It gives

[email protected]  has   1 DATA TRANSPORT Elements starting at address 1
[email protected] has   1 MEDIA TRANSPORT Element starting at address 1
[email protected] has  8 STORAGE Elements starting at address 1

Some libraries (e.g. STK L20) have firmware settings that enable/disable
the CAP. The L20 can be configured as 19 slots + CAP, or 20 slots and no
CAP. The option for hardware cleaning also affects the number of slots
shown to the server. Perhaps your library has a similar setting?