Networker

Re: [Networker] New network IP addresses

2003-08-20 04:53:27
Subject: Re: [Networker] New network IP addresses
From: Mark T Wragge <storage AT TTT DOT IE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 09:43:30 +0100
Pavla,  the reason that you had to transfer your licenses to the new hostID
is because you are using networker v5.5.  The hostID in networker 5.5 is
generated according to the IP address of the networker server.

In Networker 6.x the hostID is generated according to the SID of the
networker server at the time of the install.

I am not sure how networker copes with IP address change if you had Neworker
5.x and upgraded to 6.x. As after an upgrade your HostID would remain the
same meaning that it is still taken from the IP address rather than the SID!