Networker

Re: [Networker] Differing retention policies for different savesets within a single client?

2003-08-13 14:29:36
Subject: Re: [Networker] Differing retention policies for different savesets within a single client?
From: Christophe MOUY <cmouy AT A2P DOT FR>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 20:19:53 +0200
Hi,

You can configure 2 clients in nwadmin....
One with the system saveset in a group associated to a pool named for
example "1MONTH"
The other set with your 'financial' 'crucial' saveset in a group
associated to a pool named for example "LIFE"
So your savesets with differents retention won't be mixed on the same
cartridges

Hope i gave you a ggod tip ;)

Shawn Cox wrote:

Design question.

I'd like to change the way some of my clients savesets are retained to make
better use of my backup media.

I currently utilize the All option under save sets each client.  I'd like to
instead have the C: and SYSTEM STATE:\ REPAIRDISK:\ go to a pool which has a
monthly rotation and the D:-Z: drives put into pools with much longer
retention.  Some of my clients have financial data which I must retain
permanently.

However I haven't been able to figure out in nwadmin how to accomplish this.
Will I have to abandon scheduling in the GUI and schedule command line at
the client itself?

Thanks for any input.  I can't believe I've run Networker for 3+ years and
never heard of this list.  Can't wait to read about other peoples issues and
installations.

--Shawn