Networker

Re: [Networker] setting block size

2003-08-13 10:09:10
Subject: Re: [Networker] setting block size
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 10:08:55 -0400
Try creating a tar archive on a blank tape and then try re-labeling that
tape using NetWorker. You will see the "not enough space" message. Can't
recall if you also receive an I/O error as with a blank tape but
minimally you will see the space error.

I suppose NetWorker is trying to first read the label on the tape as
it's want to do whenever it labels a tape, but it detects a difference
in the block size maybe since tar defaults to a different size. Even
still wouldn't the difference in the format create some message. It
knows it's not a NetWorker tape, right?

George