Networker

Re: [Networker] re creating a new asm

2003-08-07 17:09:54
Subject: Re: [Networker] re creating a new asm
From: steve rader <rader AT GINSENG.HEP.WISC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 16:09:48 -0500
 > > From: steve rader
 > > I'd like to save Unix standard output streams (eg AFS "vos
 > > dump") directly into Networker.

 > From: George Scott
 > This sounds like a job for the lightly documented (search the web for
 > Oracle's "Legato Storage Manager" doco) and now (aparently) deprecated
 > "nsrfile".

Interesting.  I'm looking at a man page for "nsrfile" that
reads

 nsrfile - Legato Storage Manager module to aid in writing
 shell script ASMs

It contains an example shell script (tarasm) for piping tar
streams into networker.  But the "tarasm" shell script does
not work and seems to be incomplete: it contains the undefined
shell procedure "asm_setup"  The man page goes on to say...

 Several support procedures are necessary to implement an
 ASM shell script. The hideasm(8) command is implemented as
 a shell script ASM and it can be used as the source of these
 shell procedures.

Does anyone have a "hideasm" handy?  Would you please send it
to me?!?  Near as I/google can tell, it came with Networker v4.2
for Digital Unix.  =:)

steve
- - -