Networker

Re: [Networker] AIT

2003-08-05 17:57:11
Subject: Re: [Networker] AIT
From: Dave Werth <iim1dfw AT IIM.UPS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 14:56:57 -0700
Richard,

We've been using AIT-2 for several years with no problems.  We have 2 drives
in a Spectralogic Bullfrog changer.  I like the relatively smaller size of
the cartridges compared to DLT tapes.  I think it's close to a 4 to 1 ratio
of AIT form factor to DLT form factor.  Other than that they are both good
choices for backups.

David Werth
UPS Aviation Technologies
(formerly: II Morrow)