Networker

Re: [Networker] Change existing tape's pool

2003-08-02 07:47:24
Subject: Re: [Networker] Change existing tape's pool
From: Davina Treiber <Treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 12:47:13 +0100
Ernst Bokkelkamp wrote:
Hi,

Please tell my networker server about this little secret. I don't have any
clone pools but do quite a bit of staging ;-)

If you read the documentation then you will see that you can stage to any
pool, and it makes sense that it should not be a clone pool because a staged
saveset is not a clone but a saveset moved from on piece of media onto
another piece of media. You specify the receiving pool, the ssid to be moved
and nsrstage does the rest. Afterwards the media index is corrected and the
space is released on disk media, on tape media it is left to occupy some
space that can only be reclaimed by relabelling.

Oops, my mistake. Don't you just hate it when someone posts incorrect
information to a list :-(