Networker

Re: [Networker] Once again: SAP client problem...

2003-08-01 10:08:09
Subject: Re: [Networker] Once again: SAP client problem...
From: Joe Moore <Joe.Moore AT SDRC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 09:53:25 -0400
On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 03:16:19PM +0200, Frank Altpeter wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Joe Moore wrote on 2003-08-01 08:39:50 -0400:
> > On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 12:53:20PM +0200, Frank Altpeter wrote:
> > >
> > > The log file is written from BRBACKUP and contains:
> > > Unable to open C:\usr\sap\B10\DVEBMGS00\work\%USERPROFILE%\Local
> > > Settings\Temp\\backintB10.log as log file.
> > > Backint exiting with fatal error
> > > Open log file: No such file or directory
> > >
> > > I'm unable to reproduce where this strange log file path is getting
> > > defined. The environment of the user B10adm is set correctly.
> >
> > If you're using the nsrsapsv.exe command, you can set the SAPBACKUP variable
> > in the nsrsapsv.cfg file you're using.
> Yes, but not the location for the log file. And _that_ is my
> problem, not the execution of brbackup.exe itself...

The SAPBACKUP variable points to the directory where the module (actually the
SAP BRtools) keeps its state information, that's where the back<SID>.log
and all the <coded-timestamp>.anf files are kept.

> > If you're not using the nsrsapsv.exe command, perhaps you can set that
> > environment variable some other way?
> Yes, but that was my question, because i don't know where. The
> setting in the user environment doesn't help, because brbackup.exe
> seems to have this setting in some other configuration environment
> that i don't know.

Perhaps, set it in the global properties for the system?  Right-click on
My Computer, Properties, Advanced Tab, Environment Variables, and create
a new SAPBACKUP variable (you may have to reboot, I'm not sure...)

> > I notice that there's a %USERPROFILE% in the path above.  Perhaps
> > that's the problem (that it's not expanding that variable to be the
> > correct path?)
> Hehe, this was the reason why i wrote the mail. That's indeed my
> problem and i don't know why %USERPROFILE% doesn't get resolved as
> usual. Getting an answer to this fact was the intention of my email.

Well, one option would be to create the directory %USERPROFILE% in that
path, (as a literal name) and see if that works :)

--Joe