Networker

Re: [Networker] Available slots incorrect

2003-07-24 07:36:47
Subject: Re: [Networker] Available slots incorrect
From: Davina Treiber <treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 07:36:42 -0400
On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 09:35:21 +0200, Bruce Bushby <bruce.bushby AT WOL.CO DOT ZA>
wrote:

>Guess I should be more specific :) It's a Sun L25 tape library, 2x 10 slot
>cartridges
>2x SDLT220 drives and a "slot 21" cleaning cartridge slot right at the
back,
>separate
>to the two 10 slot magazines. When I use jbconfig, it configures the
jukebox
>with slots
>1-20 and not 1-21. The enabler code I was given (and have used) is
>1-35slots.

You have a choice between hardware cleaning and NetWorker controlled
cleaning. Which to choose is debatable, IMO hardware cleaning is far
superior, but check the archives for a discussion of the pros and cons.

If you choose hardware cleaning, NetWorker does not need to know about slot
21. Your library firmware is probably configured for 20 data slots (+ the
cleaning slot) so will only report to jbconfig that it has 20 slots. If you
really want to configure all 21 slots and go for NetWorker controlled
cleaning (a bad plan IMO) you will need to reconfigure the L25.

In any case you would never be able to configure more than 21 slots. It
depends on what licences are available, but really your ideal licence would
be a 1-20 slot licence.