Networker

Re: [Networker] Why can't legato restore files the same way it backs them up?

2003-07-16 13:42:36
Subject: Re: [Networker] Why can't legato restore files the same way it backs them up?
From: Robert Maiello <robert.maiello AT MEDEC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 13:42:31 -0400
A perfectly acceptable question...

You can create the empty file /nsr/debug/striped_recover  which will mount
position and then read several tapes at once during your recover.

Two limitations I found to this (Networker 6.1.2):

a. If your recover spans more tapes than the number of drives you have it
won't work..it wants to load and position all the tapes before starting the
recover.

b. Support from Legato is nil for this type of recover.

That said,  some people running version 7 may be able to confirm that it,
indeed, does this type of recover??

Robert Maiello
Thomson Healthcare