Networker

Re: [Networker] Tape positioning by record is disabled.

2003-07-15 02:35:00
Subject: Re: [Networker] Tape positioning by record is disabled.
From: "Tarjei T. Jensen" <tarjei.jensen AT KVAERNER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 02:34:56 -0400
Paige, Steve wrote:

>Even if only occurs rarely? (write I/O errors)  I'll have to talk with
>my Sun engineer again.

It is perhaps a cleaning problem.

The head begins to become dirty, the drive reports an error or problem, and
legato assumes that something is horribly wrong.

Presumably the jukebox cleans the drive immediately and it is fit for fight
again. But that is too late. NetWorker has marked the drive full and has
discarded the savesets on that drive and starts new save sessions.

greetings,