Networker

[Networker] Resource Temporarily Unavailable

2003-07-08 10:44:08
Subject: [Networker] Resource Temporarily Unavailable
From: Charles heynig <Charles.Heynig AT WMICH DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 10:44:06 -0400
What I have is Solstice 6.1.3 build 428 on Solaris 8, and I am trying to
backup 4 new AIX 4.3.3 ML11 machines running 6.1.3  build 428 client
software (I already have ~30 other similar AIX clients backing up properly).

When I run the group they are in I get the following errors

* fsappt.xxxx:/ 3 retries attempted
  fsappt.xxxx:/: No full backups of this save set were found in the
media database; performing a full
backup
* fsappt.xxxx:/ Resource temporarily unavailable
* fsappt.xxxx:/usr 3 retries attempted
  fsappt.xxxx:/usr: No full backups of this save set were found in the
media database; performing a full
backup
* fsappt.xxxx:/usr Resource temporarily unavailable
* fsappt.xxxx.edu:/var 3 retries attempted
  fsappt.xxxx/var: No full backups of this save set were found in the
media database; performing a full
backup
* fsappt.xxxx:/var Resource temporarily unavailable
* fsappt.xxxx:/tmp 3 retries attempted
  fsappt.xxxx:/tmp: No full backups of this save set were found in the
media database; performing a full
backup
* fsappt.xxxx:/tmp Resource temporarily unavailable

What is really  odd though is that the /home filesystem backup is fine:

  fsappt.xxxx:/home: No full backups of this save set were found in
the media database; performing a full
backup
  fsappt.xxxx: /home        level=full,    236 MB 00:02:22    325
files
  djcraft.xxxx:index:fsappt.xxxx: No full backups of
this save set were found in the media database; performing a full
backup
  djcraft.xxxx: index:fsappt.xxxx level=full, 43 KB
00:00:02      3
files

I have tried 'savegrp -pv' and all of the filesystems are reported back
properly.   I have also run a manual backup from the client side, and all
filesystems backed up correctly.  Test restores from the manual backup and
/home from the savegrp backup worked just fine.  I get the exact same reults
from all 4 systems.

Any ideas on where to start looking?