Networker

Re: [Networker] file too large for client file system

2003-06-30 12:11:09
Subject: Re: [Networker] file too large for client file system
From: Paul Esson <paul.esson AT REDSTOR DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 17:07:42 +0100
Steve,

Are you restoring to the same host as the files were saved from?  Reason I ask
is that VXFS has a largefiles option that needs
to be set to yes when making the filesystem.  If this is not enabled then files
2GB and greater will not be created.  You can check the filesystem properties
by running mkfs with the -N option.  See man page for details.

Regards,

Paul Esson
Senior Support Engineer
Redstor Limited

"Delivering Value by Reducing the
Cost of Storing and Managing Data"

Direct Dial:    +44 (0) 1224 595381
Fax:            +44 (0) 1224 ******
Mobile:         +44 (0) 7766 906514
E-Mail:         paul.esson AT redstor DOT com
Web:            http://www.redstor.com

REDSTOR LIMITED
Torridon House
73-75 Regent Quay
Aberdeen
UK
AB11 5AR

Disclaimer:
The information included in this e-mail is of a confidential nature and is
intended only for the addressee.  If you are not the intended addressee, any
disclosure, copying or distribution by you is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Disclosure to any party other than the addressee, whether inadvertent or
otherwise is not intended to waive privilege or confidentiality.