Networker

Re: [Networker] client online index problem

2003-06-24 04:27:49
Subject: Re: [Networker] client online index problem
From: Davina Treiber <treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 04:27:48 -0400
On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 02:16:55 -0400, Joel Tampubolon <jtampubo AT CNOOC.CO DOT

wrote:

>I think you all misunderstood.
I thought we might have.

>Previously Backup server Verson 6.0 Build 153 and the client 5.5.1.
>
>I did not upgrade the server , I only upgraded the client to version 6.0
>Build 153, the same as the backup server.
>
>The reason I upgrade the client is , to support directed recovery from the
>server.
>The directed recovery only works, if we have the same version between
>client and the server.
>
>But the funny thing, this problem only happened to a specific save sets/
>file system on that client. ( note : this file system I restored using
>directed recovery from Server).

OK, so you do have a supported configuration. However 6.0 is a very bad
choice of version. Sooner or later, you _will_ experience media database
corruption if you continue to use this version, and this won't be a
pleasant experience. The bug was fixed in 6.0.1, but if you are going to
upgrade I suggest you go to 6.1.3.

The problem you are seeing is also a bug. This is also fixed in some later
versions.