Networker

Re: [Networker] netware clients on different subnets

2003-06-20 11:28:14
Subject: Re: [Networker] netware clients on different subnets
From: T M <loxley99 AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 11:28:11 -0400
Brendan,

First off..  Have these Netware clients "ever" worked on this subnet?, or is
this a new configuration?
which version of NetWorker software are you using on the Netware clients?
which NetWorker version on the server?
what platform is your backup server?
I am thinking for you to gather that information to share with the rest of
us (including Legato Tech Support). Perhaps there is another NetWorker user
out there who has this working in a similar kind of environment that you
have, separate subnet and all ... ??

There are several useful diagnostics out there for checking connectivity -
like ping, traceroute, rpcinfo (from Legato); not to mention what various
forms of shareware are out there for this too.
I agree that your network is probably clean, but something in the Legato
software is causing this.

Are you finding anything obscure in the port statistics on this subnet?  Has
anything been changed since the last time this worked (if it ever did)?
Also, what kind of NIC cards are you using in these Netware systems? Are
they standard across the board or is it a mix?

Enough babble from me!   ;)
Good luck compadre!

Tom

-----