Networker

[Networker] Legato Networker BSM licenses

2003-06-17 21:49:08
Subject: [Networker] Legato Networker BSM licenses
From: Al <citecatt AT CITECUB.CITEC.QLD.GOV DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 21:49:07 -0400
Hello all,

A question regarding how BSM licenses are "managed" by Legato Networker
6.1.3 server.

How does Networker server manage BSM licenses ?

For example, in a scenario of say I have 3 client host with Oracle BSM and I
have 3 Oracle BSM licenses installed on the Networker server.  While the 3
oracle servers are backing up, one of them breaks and require us to rebuilt
another server (different machine altogether).  Would we be able to recover
using Oracle BSM installed on this new machine, also after recover start a
backup again straight away ?

Or is another oracle license required temporary for sometime?

If anyone can explain in a process term of how Networker manages BSM based
backup that would be great too.

PS. The timeline for the rebuilt of another machine would be say 2 hours.

Cheers,