Networker

[Networker] MMRECOV & Scanner -B failure ???

2003-06-13 13:12:34
Subject: [Networker] MMRECOV & Scanner -B failure ???
From: "McDougal, Philip H" <PMcDougal AT JENNER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 12:12:22 -0500
Hello all,

Background on issue:
I recently ran out of drive space for the indexes and got a larger hard drive.
I had NT4.0 on the original and decided to install Win200 on the new/larger
drive.  Backed up server full, copied NSR directory to Network location,
removed hard drive and installed the new one and Win2000.  Disabled removeable
storage and installed Networker 6.1.3 (same as before) and ran jbconfig.
Inventoried library and loaded tape with boot strap info.

Problem:
I run mmrecov, enter all the proper info and it fails with
>scanner: fn 128 rn 0 read error More data is available
>uasm: invalid save stream
>\\.\Tape3: verifying labe, moving backward 2 file(s)
>mmrecov: RAP error: dlt7000 tape not in media index
>mmrecov:
>Cannot Mount volume on \\.\Tape3
>mmrecov: uasm exited with error 1.

I've tried scanner -B also and it also errors out with
>scanner: No bootstrap located

I have a OS environment variable entry with the DLT7000s at 128.  I have
upgraded firmware as well, to no avail.  I could copy the NSR directory I
copied to the network but I want that to be the last resort since I was trying
to do this clean.

If anyone can give me suggestions, I'd really appreciate it. Damn Friday the
13ths!!!!!!

Thanks and regards,
Phil McDougal