Networker

Re: [Networker] NetWorker under Solaris 9

2003-06-13 08:33:31
Subject: Re: [Networker] NetWorker under Solaris 9
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 08:32:48 -0400
On Fri, 13 Jun 2003, Jack Lyons wrote:

> FWIW: I have been running Networker 6.1.3 on Solaris 7 since Februrary '03
> with no software problems....I have been having hardware problems ever since
> we got the Exabyte Tape library (X200 w/ M2 drives).  When the drives are
> working fine, I have no problems at all.

Our Legato server is is Sun Enterprise 450 with four new LVD SCSI cards.
One set of three of the Sony AIT-2 tape drives is plugged into one of the
LVD cards; the other set of three is plugged into a different SCSI card.
This is in a Qualstar 412600 tape library. The tape drives were all
working fine prior to migrating to Solaris 9 from Tru64 Unix 4.0f.  I
recently installed six additional Sony AIT-2 drives in this tape library,
but they're not enabled yet in Legato and the library setup because I want
to work out this software problem first.