Networker

[Networker] What is a ClientPak ?

2003-06-09 16:21:47
Subject: [Networker] What is a ClientPak ?
From: Alexandre Déry/dgt/sct <Alexandre.Dery AT SCT.GOUV.QC DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 16:24:00 -0400
Hi,

I have to deal with a Legato Networker 5.7 server which I haven't
installed (nor bought the software for it myself). And you guessed it, the
person who installed it is long gone... Same old story.

There is a "ClientPak for Windows NT" license installed on it and I don't
what it's used for (or what it was meant to be used for either). The
license type is "D25".

Currently, this server only backs up NT/2000 clients, with the Lotus Notes
Module. But in the future (after the upgrade to v7), it will backup Unix
(Solaris) clients, and NT client with the Exchange module.

So the question is : What is a ClientPak for Windows NT, and do/will I
need it ?

Thanks a lot for helping out this confused admin ;)

Alexandre Déry
Technician
Direction des services d'inforoute
DGT / SSIGRI