Networker

Re: [Networker] Can NW index to be on NFS server?

2003-06-06 09:44:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] Can NW index to be on NFS server?
From: Stan Sander <ssande AT SANDIA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 07:42:54 -0600
Courier wrote:

Hello All,

I would like to know have any one used nfs mount for their Index?

I have 20+ GB index for our NDMP back up. Now I am running out off disk
space on NW backup server. Thus I would like to know can I mv this index
to nfs mount system that has lots more disk spaces.

My backup server is: Sun ultra220R with 2GB RAM.
Networker is: 6.1.1 build 238.

I did make a called to Legato and the answer is no (or not supported.)
Just want to make sure any off you out their done this and have or have
not had any problems with this method.

Any comments are welcome. Also am I crazy to do this?

Thanks,

C-

The answer is yes it *CAN* be done, but it is not a good idea.  I have
seen folks try this, and it works most of the time, but it WILL (not
maybe, not could, it WILL) eventually cause problems and come back to
bite you.  Best solution is go buy more disk.

--
Stan Sander - CSU Special Projects
Unix Systems/Server Administrator