Networker

Re: [Networker] consistent errors writing to a certain brand of DLT IV tape

2003-06-02 10:16:18
Subject: Re: [Networker] consistent errors writing to a certain brand of DLT IV tape
From: Ty Young <Phillip_Young AT I2 DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 09:16:11 -0500
That's very interesting, Brian.  Thanks!     Funny you should mention
problems with Fuji tapes.   The "FujiFilm" tapes I've bought over the last
three years have been virtually flawless.   However, looking at the lot
#/serial # on the tapes I mention below, and using the info in the link
you provided, it looks like the manufacturer of the tape was, in fact,
Fuji.

Looking up the phone # for our tape vendor as we speak...

-ty

Phillip T. ("Ty") Young, DMA
Backup/Recovery Systems Mgr.
Network Services Group
i2 Technologies, Inc.

"Narkinsky, Brian" <Brian.Narkinsky AT dep.state.fl DOT us>
06/02/2003 09:07 AM

"Legato NetWorker discussion" <NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU>, "Ty Young"
<phillip_young AT I2 DOT COM>
cc

Subject
RE: [Networker] consistent errors writing to a certain brand of DLT IV
tape

I've seen similar problems with Fuji Tapes.

You may want to look at this Thread on a Veritas list.  IT tells you how
determine the real manufacturer.

http://mailman.eng.auburn.edu/pipermail/veritas-bu/2001-February/002603.html

I haven't really gotten anywhere with it.  We Have two ATL jukeboxes (One
sold through Compaq as a TL895 and one through EMC as an EDM)  The Compaq
one
running Networker will not use Fuji tapes anymore (I've tried 80-100
different Fuji tapes from different batches and even some that I wrote to
on
the same juke 2 years ago) .  IT used to but now Fuji really make it mad.
Maxells work fine.  The EMC EDM uses Fuji tapes just fine.

Brian Narkinsky
System Manager
Department of Environmental Protection
MS 6520