Networker

Re: [Networker] Initial Report on Functionality improvements in NW7 using Adv_Fil e devices

2003-05-22 12:05:48
Subject: Re: [Networker] Initial Report on Functionality improvements in NW7 using Adv_Fil e devices
From: Robert Maiello <robert.maiello AT MEDEC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 12:05:46 -0400
Presuming we're all heading in this direction (ie..backup to disk, stage
to tape) ...  can you explain a little bit about staging for those of us
that aren't doing it yet?

Namely, are you automatically staging older data to tape or data of a
certain level (full backups etc)?

The interference with cloning sounds a bit troubling.  Are you doing your
cloning via scripts?  I guess I can see a confict if nsrclone asked for a
ssid but its been nsrstaged to tape when it thought it was on disk..

Robert Maiello
Thomson Medical Economics