Networker

[Networker] Stopping environments - Taking backup - Restart them

2003-05-22 06:25:08
Subject: [Networker] Stopping environments - Taking backup - Restart them
From: Van Den Abeele Kristof <Kristof.VanDenAbeele AT NBB DOT BE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 12:24:59 +0200
Hello List ,

I have a machine on which are running multiple environments. Let's presume 3  (
in real there are 6 )

What I want to do is :     Stop Env 1,2 & 3

                                    Take backup of env 1,2 & 3

                                    Start Env 1 up when backup of env 1 is done

                                    Start Env 2 up when backup of env 2 is done

                                    Start Env 3 up when backup of env 3 is done

So they may all stop at the same time in the begin , but at the end maybe env3
starts up first , then 1 , then 2.

Hope this makes sense....

How to set things up in NetWorker ?

- I think I can acomplish this using savepnpc , but then I have to create a new
group for each environment.

All groups would start at same moment , writing to same pool .

Normally we use a group for multiple clients , not vice versa , so I don't like
this idea...

- Second thaught was starting only one group which backups a "dummy" file , and
using the precmd to call a perl.

In this perl I could script everything with "save" command , ...

Disadvantage : more difficult to follow up , not as much info in daemon.log on
server , ...

Has anybody any other suggestions ?

Thx a lot ,

Kristof