Networker

Re: [Networker] VxFS on file type device

2003-05-21 10:36:11
Subject: Re: [Networker] VxFS on file type device
From: Joel Fisher <jfisher AT WFUBMC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 10:36:09 -0400
Hey All,

OK this time in English.

I'm wondering if anyone is using VxFS as the filesystem on a file type
device.  The main reason I'm interested in this is because you can have
larger filesystems and there for larger volumes.  Since the Advanced
File Type devices in 7 do not become full and move the save stream to
another device, it seems that the best approach is to have very large
File Type devices.  UFS limits you to 2TB where as with VxFS you can go
much larger.

I don't know of any reason a VxFS filesystem wouldn't work, but I wanted
to see if anyone else knows of a problem.

ENV: Solaris 2.6/E450/6.1.2

Thanks,

Joel

Ever send an email and then read it and see all the typos and
grammatical errors you've made....

I'm wondering if anyone is using VxFS as the filesystem on a file type
device.  The main reason I'm interested in this is because you can have
larger "volumes".  Since the Advanced File Type devices in 7 don't
become full and move the save stream to another device, I seems that the
best approach is to have very larger File Type devices.  UFS limits you

--
Note: To sign off this list, send a "signoff networker" command via
email