Networker

[Networker] RedHat Linux 7.2 and AIT-2 Drive

2003-05-09 13:36:54
Subject: [Networker] RedHat Linux 7.2 and AIT-2 Drive
From: Matthew Ho <matthew.ho AT STORAGEASP DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 13:22:09 -0400
Anyone has experience configuring Sony SDX-500C under Redhat 7.2?  I believe
problem is the /etc/stinit.def (similar to st.conf).

I am investigating the possibility of using Intel platform as Storage Node
instead of more costly Sun hardware.  However, I am having trouble configuring
Sony SDX-500C under Redhat 7.2 with NetWorker 6.1.3.

I am getting Input/Output Error during backup.  Error message like:
##
media warning: error moving fsf 2: Input/Output Error
meda warning: error rewind: Input/Output Error

in messages file and nwadmin..

tried "mt" command and sometimes getting Input/Output Error but sometimes do
not..

I have changed the /etc/stinit.def file to add SONY SDX-500C entry for 4 modes
but same problem..

Legato Networker for Linux installation guide gave some config example on
Exabyte but not AIT-2.  Sony's documentation just refer to linux SCSI-HowTO..

Thanks,
Matthew Ho