Networker

Re: [Networker] How reliable our your windows backups?

2003-04-30 11:38:12
Subject: Re: [Networker] How reliable our your windows backups?
From: "Fowler, Carter" <CFowler AT CITY.LONDON.ON DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 11:38:06 -0400
Morning...

We run a shop with 43 NT / 2000 clients and 2 NetWare clients.

When backing up file servers, never a problem, unless someone to the
client or DNS and does not forward the information.

Database clients on the other hand have been non-stable from day one.
Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.  The NetWorker for Oracle
Module seems to be very stable but the cold backups (weekly fulls which
use the savepnpc command) seem to be nothing but trouble.  We get them
working perfectly for about a month, then with no explanation in many
cases, they just simply cease working.

The above incorporates all versions of NetWorker for Windows from 5.2.2
to 6.1.1.  We are currently in the process of updating to 6.1.3.  Here's
hoping. :)

Cheers,

Carter Fowler
Hardware Service Technician