Networker

Re: [Networker] Recovered file is 0 bytes?

2003-04-30 10:47:46
Subject: Re: [Networker] Recovered file is 0 bytes?
From: Matts Nilsson <matts_nilsson AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 16:47:43 +0200
 The reason I used the phrase "prior to NW7" is that a
collegue of mine mumbled something about changes being
made to cross-platform recoveries in NW7. Only problem
is that I haven't had time to read up on it myself
and, hence, doesn't know how it works in NW7, only in
NW6. So, PLEASE!, don't read anything more into my
posting! :)

// Matts

 --- Dave Mussulman <mussulma AT cs.uiuc DOT edu> skrev: > On
Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 05:50:36PM +0200, Matts
> Nilsson wrote:
> >  Prior to NW 7, cross-platform recovers are not
> > possible, nor supported. Try restoring to a
> Windows
> > client instead.
>
> It was my understanding NW7 just added support for
> cross-platform
> directed recovers, as long as the source and
> destination clients were
> the same OS.  (ie:  I can do a restore of a Windows
> box to a Windows box
> from my Solaris server nwrecover.)  That's the only
> cross-platform
> recover improvement in NW7.  Your message above
> seems to promise more.
>
> Clarifying,
> Dave

Gå före i kön och få din sajt värderad på nolltid med Yahoo! Express
Se mer på: http://se.docs.yahoo.com/info/express/help/index.html