Networker

Re: [Networker] SQL module question

2003-04-29 09:05:33
Subject: Re: [Networker] SQL module question
From: Davina Treiber <treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 09:05:31 -0400
On Tue, 29 Apr 2003 06:48:13 -0400, Lynsey Wyles <Lynsey_2_Wyles AT GSK DOT COM>
wrote:

>I currently run SQL backups of one client via one of my main backup
>servers, however this client is going to be configured as its own dedicated
>backup server and library, due to an increase in its capacity.
>
>I have already purchased the new backup server licence, but can I transfer
>the SQL module licence from the current backup server to itself (as a
>backup server) without any licence issues?
>
>The client has the SQL module installed, however the licence info is
>registered on the backup server, so I would delete the SQL module licence
>from the current backup server and add this to the new backup server?
>
>the SQL licence for this one client was recently purchased, so its the new
>tier licence system.
>NT 6.2 and 6.0.2 enviroment
>Thanks

If you buy directly from Legato, the web interface for licencing will allow
you to move the licence using a host transfer affadavit.

2 questions:
1. Have you not considered making this client a SAN storage node to your
main server? It would be cheaper and easier to manage.
2. Why 6.2? Are you using NDMP or XP?