Networker

Re: [Networker] Merits of cloning versus dual backups?

2003-04-23 10:44:30
Subject: Re: [Networker] Merits of cloning versus dual backups?
From: "Tarjei T. Jensen" <Tarjei.Jensen AT AKERKVAERNER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 15:44:51 +0100
Giles Malet - IST wrote:

> There's some obvious interleaving there. Note lagavulin for example.

I can see that. Are you sure that this is the a volume with cloned data on?
Ordinary savesets also have clone ids.

> Perhaps some other command causes the interleaving to be removed? That
> would make cloning real slow.

The manuals are less than clear on the topic of cloning. I presume that
there would be no interleaving if we are cloning a single saveset at a time.

Perhaps cloning a volume works different from cloning a saveset? If cloning
a volume does not do it one saveset at a time, then I think people are going
to be surprised.

greetings,