Networker

Re: [Networker] Windows SSID recovery

2003-04-17 10:16:14
Subject: Re: [Networker] Windows SSID recovery
From: Carl Farnsworth <carl.farnsworth AT DIGIDYNE DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 10:16:21 -0400
Hopefully rescanning the SSID into the client indexes and media db might
get this straightened out?

First, use "mminfo -aV -q 'ssid=<SSID>'" to get volume, file and record
numbers (to speed up scanner operation).

Then use "nsrjb -ln -V <volume>" to load required tape into a drive without
mounting it.  Note which drive it's loaded into.

Then the scanner command to rebuild the index:
scanner -f <filenum> -r <recordnum> -i -S <SSID> <tapedevice>

Question: was the client definition for pebble deleted and re-created
anytime since these savesets were made?  It's possible you've got a
mismatch between client-id's in the media database.  From the mminfo
command above you should be able to see the internal client-id string.
Compare this with what is displayed in the client definition.

HTH