Networker

[Networker] Looking at RepliStor

2003-04-15 18:28:19
Subject: [Networker] Looking at RepliStor
From: Cyndi Smith <Cyndi.Smith AT ASPENTECH DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 18:30:22 -0400
Is anyone using Replistor? We are thinking about it for a backup solution
for remote offices. We have several offices that do not have an "IS"
presence. In a few of those, we currently run Networker and have a local
(non-technical) person change tapes in a changer at the direction of one of
our Networker admins.  We would like to simplify this so that we do not need
local assistance.  To this end, we were thinking about Replistor (or it's
competitor, DoubleTake from NSI). We would replicate several machines --
perhaps from several different remote sites -- over the WAN to a server at
one of our "hub" offices. This server would then be backed up at that hub
office. Our network people are understandably apprehensive.
Can someone who is more familiar with this sort of set up please tell me of
their experiences?

Thanks for any input.

Cyndi
---