Networker

[Networker] Unix San Storage Node

2003-04-11 11:02:25
Subject: [Networker] Unix San Storage Node
From: Mark T Wragge <storage AT TTT DOT IE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 16:02:13 +0100
I will attempt to configure a number of Unix SAN storage nodes.  There has been
an attempt to configure this tape SAN by someone other than myself so I have
the task of completing it with no information as to 'what stage it is at'.

The Networker Server will be Win2000.  The Unix San Storage Nodes will be
Solaris, Aix and HP-UX.  I am familiar with the procedure of Jbconfig in this
configuration but in a Unix environment my skills are limited as to the
Hardware prerequisites.

How can I be sure that each Fibre card is seen by the OS?
How can I tell which version of the FC-HBA driver is currently installed?
How can I check that the fibre cards can see the drives and they are presented
to the OS.

I would like to do this without the use of Inquire or Networker related
commands as a pre-requisite to installing the legato software.

Thanks in advance,  Mark