Networker

[Networker] "! no output" error message

2003-04-08 18:12:36
Subject: [Networker] "! no output" error message
From: Alexandre Déry/dgt/sct <Alexandre.Dery AT SCT.GOUV.QC DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 18:14:07 -0400
Hi,

I have a little backup group of 3 machines (behind a Checkpoint NG FP3
Firewall) that were backuping well for some time.... Last tuesday we did a
manual backup from one of these servers, swaped the server with another
one (same config, including legato passwords and version) and successfully
recovered the data that was manually backuped previously. Since then, my
nightly full backups stop working. All the servers in this group have this
error:

server_name : D:\ : !no output

I tried opening all the ports, no luck. Recreating the client object,
didn't work. Inscreasing the retries and timeout values, nothing. Moving
server to another group, nope ! And of course I rebooted the server.

I checked the Networker docs and did what they said (mminfo to check if
the data is backuped [it is not], there's plenty of free disk space on the
server, ports are opened...etc..)

I'm all out of ideas here... Somebody throw me a rope, please ! ;)

Networker system setup :
Compaq Proliant 1600 + 5 compaq dlt drives + Windows NT4 SP6 + Legato
Networker 5.7

Thanks a lot !

Alexandre Déry
Technician