Networker

[Networker] Backing up all client indexes with multiple instances?

2003-04-08 15:08:51
Subject: [Networker] Backing up all client indexes with multiple instances?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 15:08:42 -0400
Hello,

In an earlier posting it was recommended to me that I put all clients in
one group in order to backup all the client indexes using something
like:

savegrp -O -lfull -G groupname

If you have all of your clients in one special group so you can back up
their indexes using this method, then what do you do with multiple
client instance with the same name? For example, if I have three
instances of client foo, each backing up different file systems, then
does it matter which one is a member of the index group? Since you
really only have one 'foo' it seems to me that it would be unnecessary
to make more than one of the instances a member of the index group, and
it wouldn't matter which instance you selected, but I just thought I'd
check with the club.

Thanks.

George