Networker

Re: [Networker] Netware client backup from a UNIX server

2003-03-31 03:37:42
Subject: Re: [Networker] Netware client backup from a UNIX server
From: Joaquin Camp <joaquin.camp AT PROACT DOT SE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 10:36:49 +0200
  Hi to you all,

-Timothy Biles:
  The error message:
"Cannot make TSA connection to default NetWare server 0xfffdffba"

Means just like it states.  Regarding to the HEX error code, according
to a document I found on Novell's own site.  The error message means:

0xFFFDFFBA   NWSMTS_TSA_NOT_FOUND   Invalid or inactive TSA specified

Here is the link to the document:
http://developer.novell.com/ndk/doc/smscomp/index.html?page=/ndk/doc/smscomp/sms_docs/data/hka0ofpt.html

  What I can see in your NWLOG.TXT.  You may want to try reconfiguring
your SMDR.  First, you got to shutdown everything that has something to
do with the backups, as I already explained.  On the affected NetWare
box, Exit the NetWorker GUI, type NWDOWN in the console, unload
TSAxxx.NLM, unload SMDR.NLM.  Now, make a backup copy of your SMDR.CFG.
You can find it under: SYS:ETC\SMS\SMDR.CFG.  When you load the
SMDR.NLM, you type (in the NetWare console): load smdr new  Answer the
questions, load TSAxxx.NLM, start NetWorker and here we go!  Hopefully,
it will work this time.  If not, I don't have a clue.

  Be sure about what you're doing,  This are only recommendations that
work for me.

-Tim Mooney:
  The HEX code seen in the error message, is in fact a error message and
not an IPX/SPX address.  Even if they look much alike.  The problem you
guys encounter, with NetWare 6.  Is that even if you are running only
IP, and not even have IPX/SPX installed.  The NetWare server wants an
IPX/SPX server id, when running NetWorker.  Exactly why?... I can't
answer, but it does.  Otherwise you will see some error messages in the
LOGGER SCREEN, that nags and nags, on and on about it.

  Hope this help and good luck once more!
/Joaquin Camp.