Networker

[Networker] Client Browse and Retention Policies

2003-03-28 11:50:15
Subject: [Networker] Client Browse and Retention Policies
From: Stephen Fouchek <stephen.fouchek AT GLO.STATE.TX DOT US>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 10:49:39 -0600
I am running Legato Networker 6.0.2 bld 251 on a SUN E450...

My current setup includes one client entry for every client that I am
backing up.  My current browse and retention policies are set for 2
years on most every client.  I currently do INCREMENTALS Monday through
Friday, and FULLS on the weekends which are both controlled by Groups
which go to two different batches of tapes (DAILY & FULL).

I want to automate my current manual process of recycling as I am sure
you can see why with 678 tapes in the autochanger.

QUESTION...
Is the only way to have the incrementals auto-recycle at 5 weeks, would
be to create a second instance of the client (same name), and set it up
for incrementals with a 5 week policy and the other for fulls with a 2
year policy?

Thank you in advance,
Steve