Networker

Re: [Networker] EMC-ORACLE-LEGATO

2003-03-27 02:03:40
Subject: Re: [Networker] EMC-ORACLE-LEGATO
From: Barış Yeter <barye AT KOCBANK.COM DOT TR>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 08:58:58 +0200
Hello

Thanks John.

        If I take backup BCV as filesytem backups, I couldn't use RMAN
facility. Our database creates a lot of archivelogs, So I must immediately
backup to tape & delete them. After BCV sync, I want to start db in mount
mode at backup server. Hence, I directly backup from backup server to RMAN
catalog.
Also, every hour, I want to sync ARCHIVELOG disk, via RMAN I backuped to
tape from BCV arhivelog disk, and delete both production & BCV sides.

 Is there any disadvantage for using RMAN for this case?

Also,
Which one is the best? Advantages or Disadvantages

1-Filesystem
2-RMAN facility

Thanks.

Best regards