Networker

Re: [Networker] Bar code reader and inventory question?

2003-03-26 12:19:42
Subject: Re: [Networker] Bar code reader and inventory question?
From: Howard Martin <howard.martin AT EDS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 12:19:40 -0500
When we recently did this I used mminfo to generate a list of all tapes in
a particular jukebox and put this in a file, then used awk and vi to
produce a file with a mmrelocate command on each line ( to set the new
location to the new jukebox) , then after moving the jb ran the script then
inventoried the tapes. The only problemette was that the script took about
2 hours to relocate 500 odd tapes and this slowed the networker response
down (if I remember correctly it even managed to cause a timeout on a
normal tape operation ) - the next time I ran sections of the file (about
25 lines) and left a 5 minute gap between runs.