Networker

Re: [Networker] Bar code reader and inventory question?

2003-03-26 11:52:10
Subject: Re: [Networker] Bar code reader and inventory question?
From: Matts Nilsson <matts_nilsson AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 17:52:06 +0100
 To expand a little. I believe that a tape is
originally only read in a drive when the barcode
doesn't exist in media database.
As for location, as long as location is NOT a library
it's all good. NW knows that it's not present and when
you inventory there is a match in the media DB and NW
is satisfied.
When moving a drive or library to another storage
node, you change the name of the drive/library
(rd=...) which makes the previous location invalid.
But since the location listed with the tape is/used to
be valid NW gets confused and re-reads the tape.

Hmmmm... Maybe not so much "expand" as conclude...? :)

Anyone from Legato care to comment? ;)

// Matts

http://se.docs.yahoo.com/info/express/help/index.html