Networker

[Networker] Auto eject for stand-alone DLT in W2K environment - v 6.1.3

2003-03-24 12:57:57
Subject: [Networker] Auto eject for stand-alone DLT in W2K environment - v 6.1.3
From: "Day, David" <david.day AT CENTERPULSE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 11:57:48 -0600
Greetings list.  Thanks to this list, I see a previous post citing DLT Tools
at the Quantum site and I'm attempting to download now.

I recently added W2K servers (SP3) at remote sites.  Some use stand alone
Quantum DLT8000 drives.  My experience is totally with libraries in a
Solaris environment so I'm trying to get to speed.

Poking around has not revealed a way to eject a tape at a certain time or
completion of a group backup.  I see several *.exe files under /bin but have
not located the doc explaining the use of these executables.

I do have the command_reference that came on my Jan2003 media kit.  Some of
the binaries show up but not all appear (e.g., tape.exe).  I tried a query
on Legato's knowledgebase with no results.

1.  Is there a doc explaining the various exe files?  If so, can you
reference a url?

2.  Is there a way to load and unload a tape using a Legato command?

3.  Is there a command line option with W2K to eject a tape?  I see a GUI
method for W2K under Removable Storage but have not found the command line
version yet.

Thanks
David

fyi:  I run a backup mid-morning.  The site office manager kindly removes
the tape from the previous nightly and inserts a tape for the mid-morning
backup.  Then in the afternoon, she places a tape for the nightly backup.
I'd like to have the media ejected before she removes the tape so when the
media she inserts auto-mounts at the drive, we are ready to go.