Networker

[Networker] configuring a fibre attached library

2003-03-17 16:41:48
Subject: [Networker] configuring a fibre attached library
From: Gary J Jasionowicz <gary_j_jasionowicz AT FLEETCL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 16:41:46 -0500
I am currently running Networker 6.1.1 on AIX 4.3.3 using an IBM 3583
library.  The library was SCSI attached to the networker server and
working. I am trying to attach the library via fibre directly into the
networker server, one day I would like to put the library on the SAN but I
am taking it one step at a time.  When I attach the library via fibre AIX
sees all 4 tape drives and the changer device, when I do an lsdev -Cc tape.
However when I do a inquire command no tape devices are shown.  When I do
an inquire -l command it does show two tape devices one is rmt1.1 and the
other just says Tape.  When I try to configure the jukebox using jbconfig
and option 2 the only thing it comes up with is my cdrom device, no tape
devices.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.