Networker

Re: [Networker] How to reserve a drive in a jukebox?

2003-03-17 16:25:46
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to reserve a drive in a jukebox?
From: Andrew McGeorge <Andrew.McGeorge AT ASBBANK.CO DOT NZ>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 09:20:31 +1200
Just to add one point. I agree with Davina's take on this. I believe that
the NetWorkers algorithms are designed to keep the tape drives streaming
where possible, so the most likely drive to exceed target sessions in the
example is the one currently writing at the slowest speed, not the one with
the fewest sessions.

Andrew