Networker

Re: [Networker] OS/2 Patch Request

2003-03-13 08:16:53
Subject: Re: [Networker] OS/2 Patch Request
From: Riaan van Niekerk <riaanvn AT PUKNET.PUK.AC DOT ZA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 15:16:36 +0200
>Dear List Members,
>
>Does anyone know if Sun has put out a patch for Solstice Backup 6.1.3
that
>allows
>a OS/2 (sun4) client to be backed up.  I would love to upgrade my last

>remaining
>server of 6.1.1 to 6.1.3 but can not because of the OS/2 client not
being
>able to
>be backed up with the lastest release.

The Legato bug/fix number which resolves this incompatibility is
LGTpa49915 / LGTpa50173, I have been told by our channel about a week
ago.

>Regarding the known issue: LGTpa49915/LGTpa50173, it is related to
>the issue
>where client authentication problem while executing schedule save.
>Currently
>there are fixes for the following platform:
>
>AIX
>SGI
>NT86
>Solaris

Sun and Legato seem very cosy these days (simultaneous releases of
NetWorker and Solstice Backup and all that). I assume Sun would know
about the issue and the fix. Perhaps they even share bug ID numbers.

greetings

Riaan van Niekerk
Unix-stelseladministrateur
B.Juris, B.A., RHCE, IBM Certified AIX Sysadmin
ITB Netwerke en Infrastruktuur
Potchefstroomse Universiteit
Tel : (018) 299 2147
Fax: (018) 293 5299

 /"\
 \ / ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - NO HTML EMAIL!
  X  PLEASE QUOTE ONLY RELEVANT PARTS OF THIS MESSAGE.
 / \ DON'T QUOTE THIS SIGNATURE!

Hierdie boodskap (en aanhangsels) is onderhewig aan beperkings en 'n
vrywaringsklousule. Volledige besonderhede beskikbaar by
http://www.puk.ac.za/itb/e-pos/disclaimer.html , of by
itbsekr AT puknet.puk.ac DOT za

This message (and attachments) is subject to restrictions and a
disclaimer. Please refer to
http://www.puk.ac.za/itb/e-pos/disclaimer.html for full details, or at
itbsekr AT puknet.puk.ac DOT za