Networker

Re: [Networker] max parallelism for a jukebox

2003-03-07 16:25:50
Subject: Re: [Networker] max parallelism for a jukebox
From: Robert Maiello <robert.maiello AT MEDEC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 16:25:47 -0500
George,

If you have 4 drives and you issue the command:

nsrjb -Y -L -b 'my pool' -S 1-3

it should label the tapes in parallel (with the Jukebox Max Parallelism set
to 3 as
discussed in this thread).  The one arm places tapes in the next drive while
Networker is labeling the first etc..

It depends on your jukebox though and the features it supports.  The
BreeceHill Q47 I had would only use one drive when labeling.  I'm not sure
which jukebox feature it is that governs this though?

Robert Maiello
Thomson Healthcare