Networker

Re: [Networker] Querries?

2003-03-07 11:38:42
Subject: Re: [Networker] Querries?
From: Joel Fisher <jfisher AT WFUBMC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 11:38:35 -0500
Hey Robert,

"1)  List of all "groups" and the times they run
      I know this is available via the GUI but I need a hard copy I can
      take to a meeting in a couple hours."

print 'print type: nsr group' | nsradmin -i - | egrep 'name:|start
time:'

"2)  Average size backed up for each group?
      We have some tools doing a daily total but it estimates and rounds
      alot and will add up 5.6Gigs and 5.7 gigs for 10Gigs instead of
11.1."

per group... a bit tougher. You might be able to send the group
completion message through a script and parse out sizes.
If you wanted it per client you could use something like this:
$ num=0
$ for size in `mminfo -r 'totalsize' -q 'client=clienta,savetime>12
hours ago'`
> do
> let num+=$size
> done
$ print $num

Througput... don't know how to get that, or if it's even possible.

A schedule for each client seems a bit strange.  There are only so many
possible combinations that you can have as far as scheduling.
Personally I use scheduling at the client level I have about 30
schedules that I use for all 130 or so clients (Weekly Full on Sat, Full
Sat Only, etc.)  I use groups only to determine what time to start the
clients and nothing else.  If you set you client schedule to Default
your schedule will be set to whatever your current Default schedule
does.

" Is there a way I can dump the client list to a file that
      can be piped into a script that will set all the schedules back
      to default so they don't all have to be done by hand?"

Yes.

Use nsradmin to dump the list then run it through a loop with nsradmin
'edit' command to change the schedule field.  I've not done this but
I've done something very similar.  The man pages should point you in the
right direction.

Joel